Diffusers for magnepan speakers

Looking for thoughts on building a skyline diffuser panel the same size as a maggie 1.6 to place behind speakers. Asking for advice because my online reseach mentioned a 2x2 panel for general specs. i do not want to waste the time and money if it would not sound good. I am thinking about three 2x2 panels placed on stands behind the speakers about 3.5 feet. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
128x128maplegrovemusic
For some reason, Magnepan is a lightning rod for DIY.

I've got he bug, too......and taking the woodshop classes to prove it.
i didn,t like acoustic treatments hung behind my mmgs speakers but they are easy to move and experiment with. your room is the same shape as mine but i have pictures, books, cabinets, wall art/objects everywhere. a neat freak would have a nervous breakdown here, ha. i use 2 cathedral panels behind my listening seat and 2 more on the sidewalls at the pt of first relection. i do have tube traps and roomtunes in the corners of the room. i still don,t have things perfect but i doubt i ever will. good luck
Hotmailjbc,

When you say you have roomtunes in the corners of the room, are you referring to the Michael Green corner tunes -- that is, the triangle "pillows" that go in corners?

If so, what is your experience with them as far as how much of an improvement they make?

I have some absorption panels and diffusion, and they make a huge difference in my room. For example, if I were to take any of the treatments out of the room, it would be noticeable (for the worse). Do the corner tunes make much of a difference? Is it mainly in upper frequencies?
with this small rectangular room [12 x 16] i had serious standing waves and boomy acoustics with my magnepan mmgs and my older mbquart towers. i put the m green smaller corner tunes with the absorber side out and the slender pillows midway along the side walls with the diffusor side out as recommended by some people who use them. the result was much less boom. this was before i put the 2' x 2' cathedrals on the rear wall and side walls [ a friend gave them to me for christmas] and they helped too. i have not measured the room's acoustics but when i move around the waves of overpronounced bass is gone totally. and the plus is really nice definition and image. have you ever read his forum? lots of interesting things there about using 29 dollar cd players and spring devices to dampen electronics which i havn,t tried yet. my goal is to get my system as detailed and engaging as possible with the speakers vanishing. unfortunately a lot of the music i listen to is compressed rock but i do have a d krall live in paris cd here somewhere. ha
Some like acoustic panels BETWEEN the speakers, on the front wall.

Also, if like me, you have a bigscreen TV installed, you are automatically compromised.