Mola Mola Makua Pre. / DAC

Thinking of reducing/consolidating my hi fi and the Mola Mola Makua has me interested.

More so now that apparently a Streamer upgrade to the DAC board is being released early this year.
 I will be changing from a Naim Audio 252 pre. and NDS DAC/streamer.

Has anyone compared a same or similar Naim set up to the Mola Mola ? Interested to hear how this compares. Most reviews are very glowing for the Mola Mola.

Regards,
Pete
seadog1234
There is a dude in San Diego selling a Makua without the DAC for $5400. I emailed him yesterday to find out about the logistics of adding the DAC module. I decided to just buy a new one if I go with the Makua since adding the DAC module to a used Makua seemed like a PITA. He also has a Tambaqui + Makua combo for a decent price. US Audio Mart.
@fastfreight Are you able to give some comparisons of the Kaluga's to any other amps you have used with the Revel Salon2's? I have owned the Salon1's and know they needed power.

The PS Audio gear you referenced above, does that include their amps?
Hi,  I have two systems, but swapped components around quite a bit.
The amps were the hardest to move, obviously, as both the BHK 250 and my Classe CA 2300 weigh close to 100 lbs.  With the Salons, I exclusively used the Classe 2300, which I consider better than the BHK.
The Salons sounded nice with the Classe.  But then I brought the Kalugas in for an audition.  Immediately the bass was tighter and more controlled, but it was the clarity and resolution across the entire spectrum that sold me.  I honestly heard things I had not heard before.  The real seller to me was switching back to the Classe.  I decided right away that I was selling the BHK, and moving the Classe downstairs with the B&W N802.  I shortly later acquired the Makua Preamp with internal DAC.  So now I moved my Audionet Pre1G3 and my Auralic Vega G2 downstairs as well and outed all the PSA stuff.  The AudioNet Preamp and the Makua Preamp are both amazing.  I can't decide which one is better.
The Mola Mola DAC is amazing, better than the Auralic, which is quite nice as well.  One day I will upgrade to Audionet amps to match the pre.
Want to buy my Classe? :) Ken
...and, my N802's are dead quiet now with the Audionet and the Classe.
I had constant noise...hiss etc with the BHK stuff.  PS Audio's customer service is great, but they had trouble hearing the noise on their bench that I heard in my system.
I heard a top end Classe amp with the Thiel 3.7 about a decade ago and it was great.  Just blew me away though I gave most of the credit to the Thiel 3.7.

I am trying to figure out whether to buy the Makua with DAC + Luxman m900u amp or Luxman c900u preamp + Luxman m900u amp. The Makua is one less box in the system. 

I am curious about the Kaluga since it is showing up on the used market and seems the natural match for the Makua.

Another comparison I want to hear is the Benchmark LA4 preamp vs the Mola Mola Makua. Both seem to have the same design goals.