Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
hiend.
I am calling you a fool because you came to a decision about the speakers, without ever hearing them.You called them a fad. Here today gone tomorrow you said.

Quality comes at every level and quality cost money at every level. Some of the statements proclaiming it beat out designs in the 30-40k range seem to really stretch it a bit. I suspect these statements are based more on infatuations with with the design concept and the sonic results than the quality level of the presentation. I don’t thing speaker manufacturers who produce speakers costing many times their price have to worry! In fact I doubt manufacturers at this price point are loosing any sleep over them either.

You SUSPECT someone who says that they beat out 30K speakers, are just infatuated with the design concept and the sonic results more than the quality of the presentation.... HUH. ?. That statement is a huge OXYMORON . . If the design concept is good and you are infatuated with the sonic results of it ,then that is a quality presentation.
What is the quality level of a presentation ????. If it sounds good sonically , then that is a high quality presentation.
Then you say "you don’t think that speaker manufacturers who make speakers costing many times more have to worry."
In the next sentence you say that "IN FACT you DOUBT" that speaker manufacturers are losing any sleep over the Tektons.
That is quite the Oxymoron. All of your statements here are.
And you wonder why i call you a FOOL.....????
Well you have made it quite obvious .

The Tekton design principle is that in order to accurately reproduce the full range of timbral harmonics that are the hallmark of the various instruments the moving mass of the driver must be close to the moving mass of the instrument. A single big massive midrange simply cannot accurately replicate the sonic signature of a much less massive violin or guitar string, for example. But a whole bunch of much smaller lower mass drivers can do this easily.

It is this conceptual leap of genius that renders moot the old school paradigm of having to use big expensive drivers. So its not only foolish to dismiss this as a fad, its technologically ignorant, and luddite as well. Dismissing actual reviewer listening impressions without any first hand knowledge to the contrary is pure arrogance.

grey9hound is, if anything, being kind.
Ah yes, unfortunately one can still not criticize Tekton speakers in the Tekton thread.  That's kind of sad, really, the pack mentality that springs up.  They are not perfect speakers.  No speaker is, is that so hard to accept?  

The cabinets are square or rectangular boring boxes that come in various paint jobs of odd colors.  I find them outright ugly.  The drivers are of a budget off-the-shelf variety that will not last the 20-30 years + of the better designs.  Their frequency responses swing 6db+-.  Some like this, some don't.

Some embrace these choices and some don't.  It's not the end of the world, folks.
I know just how you feel. When I was a little kid and someone showed me just how childish my reasons were I took it personally and my feelings were hurt. Sometimes acting out of frustration I called these people names. Eventually I grew up, learned to separate my personal self from what are really just intellectual positions, and found not only are my feelings no longer hurt (as much- its always a little painful to be proven wrong) but it actually helped me to think more clearly.

Its a little late in the game to be still acting all adolescent but hey, you never know, you may yet mature into a grown up with a grown up mind. Maybe some day. I hope so. I really do.