The quiet grid

"The Grid", as we audiophiles refer to it is the power in our neighborhood. You may or may not have what we call "clean" electricity. We have add on boxes that clean up your electricity if there is a problem.

Those very expensive two box units with separate power supplies solve the problem of clean electricity at a price.

I am a keen observer of "The grid"; I notice when there is a remarkable improvement in my audio for no apparent reason. The last time I noticed this, I listened to music all night long. It was on a Christmas Eve, and there was a foot of snow outside; that's when I determined this remarkable improvement was the result of a quiet "grid"; that's when there is almost no commercial or industrial activity on the "electrical grid" near you, and residential use is quiet as well.

Normally this only occurs for a short time, but it's been like that for days; this has never happened before. Our present COVID 19 lockdown condition has given us a super quiet grid. That means our modest rigs are equivalent to much more expensive rigs that have expensive power supplies.

I am going to take advantage of this by doing a lot of recording. (when my reel to reel gets out of the shop) It's extremely unfortunate that we have this super quiet grid as a result of COVID 19, but there it is.
orpheus10
Sorry, not wanting to be political, I moved it to a new topic, entitled "On These Quiet Streets".  
This crisis is a chemical developer and an alchemical developer of the human collective and individual souls, who gives a damn about audio now, except anecdotally ?

Yes, I listen to music to relax in these trying times, but my hobby is no more the center of my attention....I post something on your thread but it was removed.... Sorry jafreeman...

The grid is quieter indeed, the human soul is not....
I should have called it, "Your Audio Journey In a Dystopian Future".  Thanks for your interest.........