finding the right speaker?

After 25 Years Of listening To Vandersteen 2c Im ready for a new listening experience with so many different manufacturers today it seems i could demo forever my buget is 3500$ looking for A speaker with better defintion on the highs
joeaaudio
Greetings
If you take a look at the Pics of the 1986 sc that joe is selling you will see it is up against the wall in the corner and next to another corner wall unit
any accurate speaker will be up about 12 plus DB in the bass in this position.
What I suggest Joe do is install a Vandersteen High pass like he is installing a 2WQ woofer and he can drop the bass down in 3 DB choices untill his excessive corner wall room gain falls into place. This will directly effect his percetion of the high frequencies and correct the issue.
Cheers Johnntr
Greetings
If you take a look at the Pics of the 1986 2c that joe is selling you will see it is up against the wall in the corner and next to another corner wall unit
any accurate speaker will be up about 12 plus DB in the bass in this position.
What I suggest Joe do is install a Vandersteen High pass like he is installing a 2WQ woofer and he can drop the bass down in 3 DB choices until his excessive corner wall room gain falls into place. This will directly effect his perception of the high frequencies and correct the issue.
Cheers Johnnyr