Upgrades for Thiel CS 3.6?

I have a pair of Thiel CS 3.6 that I’ve owned for about 12 years. I think they’re fantastic. 
Just curious... have there been driver advancements that I might benefit from? 
Has anyone tried swapping out drivers and if so, were you pleased with the results? 
128x128gpaulmg1
@gpaulmg1: just curious what amp you are using with the 3.6’s? 

My understanding is is that these are lower efficiency speakers that take some trial and error to get a proper impedance match for best sound. They only sound so-so when paired with a lower powered amp. There is a really lengthy Thiel thread that is ongoing and I’d swear I read something from Tom Thiel stating that there is a crossover upgrade being developed. There is also still a Thiel restoration shop (I believe) in Lexington. Not sure if it is just for the cabinet refinishing or if they also do driver/crossover upgrades and repair. 

Another question about the 3.6’s: how do you have them attached to he floor? Are you using spikes, stands or some other tweak? Just curious which aberration you are seeking to suppress or which attribute you are trying to improve upon.
MikeyBc33 - I think you might well be right... I know there are some “known” upgrades for the CS  2.4 and was wondering if something similar was available for the 3.6. 
@masi61 - I have an Anthem Pre2L Preamp and an Anthem Amp2 Power amp. This is a nice match, but I am certain, for a tremendous amount of money, I could probably do better. 
That’s the problem - a first world problem - I am very happy with what I have. It’s very good. But to get a notch better, I have to spend a fortune. 
@soix Thanks! I am a long-time Thiel fan. I fell in love with the CS 1.5 when I was in college, during the early 1990s. I bought a pair brand new and still have them!

The 1.6 was a big improvement on the 1.5 and, as you mentioned, the tweeter is a big part of that difference. Plus - what a beautiful cabinet design. 
If I could soften the tweet on the 3.6, I would. I don’t mean that I would make it quieter, but just a bit less bright. This brightness isn’t always apparent, but if a recording has a lot of high frequency noise, like some rock recordings do, it gets really bright in a hurry. 
But then, to listen to Muse’s Absolution CD is a delight. It’s very particular to the recording.