Turntable Mats: Rubber, Felt or Cork.

I have a Linn Basik Turntable with an Akito tonearm and Rega Exacta 2 cartridge. Would one expect a noticeable sonic difference when changing from a felt mat to a rubber and cork mat?
joscow
Chakster!
cut it out please!
that's just plain mean and vindictive especially as you have not even tried one.
your personal thoughts are just that.
shame on you!
@2channel8,

Thanks for your interest in MyMat. I’ve temporarily taken the ad down. Should be back up soon. If you should have any questions in the mean time, please PM me.

Steve
@chakster 

The Linn Basik is NOT awful. Could you please try to open your mind up to those of us who are not "cost is no object" members!

There were many reviews of the Basik/LVX table paired with a Shure V15 that declared it the best value in high end (for that time) audio.

Even if the Basik was awful(NOT); the idea that a freakin mat could resolve all it's IMAGINED faults is just bull SH!t. Repeat BULL $HIT!

I still enjoy my Basik with a Shure V15 RS with a Jico SAS stylus. It fits in very well in a small room with a Nakamichi Reciever 2 and PSB Imagine XBs (If only 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' would let me bring mt Bostn Acoustics T-830s back up from the basement!!!!) It sounds very respectable. The Mats only make VERY subtle differences.

I very rarely make such strong ststements; but in this case my actual experience gives me all the courage I need.

@chakster , I was a follower; but now I know that how ever limited my experience may be compared to others; my opinion is at least as valid, to me and probably to other readers.
Post removed