Cassettes still rock!

Played Dire Straits debut album last night - from a Maxell XL 2s cassette recorded from the vinyl over 30 years ago. Best sound I've heard on my system in months. I have the SACD, but doesn't have the organic sound from the tape/vinyl. Dig out your old cassettes! 
mcondo
I had a Nak car radio system, could get a station a hundred miles away
and sound was out of this world !
Good to hear from Willy here. I play serviced by him 682zx almost every day. Thought about sending the deck to him this fall but put it on hold. I do it every three-five years. Maxell Metal Vertex tape gives absolutely best performance. If you never tried this tape with a calibrated higher end Nak, you don't know how a nak can sound. Don't waist your effort and money on 660 and 670 series let alone below. 680 series, ZX-7, ZX-9, 700ZX, 1000ZX. 682ZX and ZX-7 are best value.
I have a mint NACHAMICHI RX-505, the sound is organic with huge sound stage with laser like focus, lol!, I compared this deck to some cheap mass produced digital player’s, to say the least this NACHAMICHI out performed them to the extent that I was smitten leaving a smile on my face for days, I suppose I will send the unit in to Willie Hermann for evaluation since I have never had to service the deck after the carnivorous viruses is sub sided, cheers
Post removed 
Cannot say as I have EVER thought cassettes were crap.

Do yourself a favour and listen to some very well recorded tapes on a great Nakamichi deck.

Then come back and comment with a less jaundiced eye.