Victor TT 801

Hi all.
Anyone own it?
Has it ever been necessary to carry out a recap or suffered a failure and carry out the calibration or repair without a service manual available in the world?
128x128best-groove
  • just curious, do you have one, or thinking about buying one? working? not working?

I own it, as I own a freshly restored TT-71 and a TT-101 which I have not yet managed to make it work as originally.
    The TT-801 works (I don’t own the TS1 pump) but I’m a crazy perfectionist and before starting to use it I wanted to exclude any kind of problem starting from the recap and then replacing the 4558 chips because in case of failure they make disasters to the whole turntable .
if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

perfectionism is a curse. I am a retired interior designer, 46 yrs new headquarters, corporate Interiors, NYC, other big cities.

Every project I tried to make good, better, best decisions for my clients, the more I learned, the harder it got. I learned not to bring that progressive attempt for perfection home.

after a bit of hopping about, I decided to stay the heck away from tt101, get the tt81. Like my Jaguar, people who went for V12's instead of V6 were/are masochists IMO. Actually, the V6 beats the V12 off the line, the V12 only besting V6 at high speeds. Fastest ride I ever took was 140 mph in newly paved rt 78 in that Jag, smoothest ride and smoothest braking I ever experienced.

like this one, except tan top

http://smclassiccars.com/jaguar/142655-jaguar-xjs-convertible-40-xls-kingfisher-blue-metallic-1994-83000-miles.html

magnificent color, we flew to Kansas (from NJ) to buy it, drove it home thru 5 mountain ranges late spring, what a trip that was. 
See this link:

http://www.thevintageknob.org/jvc-TT-801.html

The TT-801 is stated as using more ICs than TT-101. It replaced the TT-101 as Victor's flagship and the specs are TT-101 level or better.

I have a TT-801 with the TS-1 vacuum pump but the original vacuum mat does not work. Looking for one