Cassettes still rock!

Played Dire Straits debut album last night - from a Maxell XL 2s cassette recorded from the vinyl over 30 years ago. Best sound I've heard on my system in months. I have the SACD, but doesn't have the organic sound from the tape/vinyl. Dig out your old cassettes! 
mcondo
I have about 1100 cassettes home recorded mostly from the mid-70s thru the early 90s.  I play them on a Nakamichi CR7-A and BX 300, both rebuilt and serviced by Willy Hermann. Over the last 2 years, I have re-recorded on TDK MA, SA-X and HX-S tapes the beautiful Blue Note vinyl jazz reissues and they sound fantastic.  These particular cassettes were originally purchased from the early 80s thru the early 90s.  They have been stored well but it is stunning how great they sound after all these years.  While I love showing off my vinyl on a nice system, I blow the audience away with the beautiful NAKs.  Cassettes are far from dead.  
There is some enterprising person on eBay who sells a pack of those little felt square spacers that sometimes fall off after 30 years or so and must replaced. The little felt squares are adhesive backed which is a relief. 🤗
GK
I have had a number of the felt backing pads fall off due to adhesive aging.
Pretty simple to use a pair of tweezers and a dab of superglue and voila, the original is back in place never to come off again.
You just gently pull a loop of tape out to work on the area.

That is of course if you have not lost the original felt pad entirely, I have found that they are usually in the case when they fall off.

Good luck to all and long live the humble cassette!
It makes a lot of sense that someone from U.K. would actually enjoy the fiddly exercise of putting the original felt squat back on. 🤗 
Its only fiddly if you are a total klutz.
Takes 2 minutes max.

Its therapeutic...… lmao!