Goldmund, not much inside, but ultra expensive.

Is judging Goldmund products on what’s inside them fair? If it’s, then what are you paying for? There’s nothing but space inside most of their equipment. Not only is there nothing inside them they’re ridiculously expensive. Look inside their Nextgen 590 intergraded amp $29000. There’s nothing inside.
To be fair, I must say I’ve never heard their equipment, so maybe it’s worth what they charge, but judging it from its inside It looks like it isn’t.
hiendmmoe
Post removed 
Never owned a Goldmund integrated amp, but the ones I've owned (Mimesis 29 amp, 2+ preamp, 12++DAC) were all extremely well built and sounded amazing.  Very fast and transparent sounding like Spectral but with more body and slam
The innards of most modern "transistor and circuit board" items always bore me, but I own 2 "point to point" hand soldered single ended tube amps, one from Burriss (18 watt guitar amp, a tube rectified single ended little gem with reverb) and a Dennis Had Firebottle, and they actually look so cool and simple inside the case...they also sound better than any other amps I've owned.
On a slight tangential subject, I currently have an Arcam CD23.  When I open up the case, I can see some serious engineering has gone into it.

On the other hands, some CDP got nothing but a tiny little circuit board in it that makes you scratch your head thinking why it's so expensive.

I think it's fair to judge what's inside.  

"I think it's fair to judge what's inside"

I agree with this to a certain degree, but in terms of part quality rather than merely the quantity of parts. I feel that ultimately your paying for the sound quality,  not how much can be stuffed into the component's interior space. I believe it's a sign of talented engineering/design  when you can achieve excellent sound with fewer parts.

Charles