Cassettes still rock!

Played Dire Straits debut album last night - from a Maxell XL 2s cassette recorded from the vinyl over 30 years ago. Best sound I've heard on my system in months. I have the SACD, but doesn't have the organic sound from the tape/vinyl. Dig out your old cassettes! 
mcondo
Tape is a natural medium. It breathes. Listen to Heifetz on CD. Listen to Heifetz on cassette. The end.  🔚
Just discovered my Nakamichi LX3 cassette deck in original box / papers as I’m [finally] emptying out a storage bin I’ve been paying a fortune for per year... (which was mostly holding all my original audio boxes, speaker crates and some miscellaneous papers).
Brought it to my long term audio service tech who confirmed it was in great shape but could use a simple “tune up” of belts/greasing, etc. so I’m waiting for that with baited breath. Am curious how it will compare to CD, TT, Hard Drive, and streaming service...
Will update after it’s running again for awhile.. Now if I can only locate those tape recordings.... I’ll see.../ “hear”...
I find that most haters of cassette tape have simply never heard a great recording on a great tape on a great tape machine.

Once they have, well most of the snide remarks fade away...….