Bose 901

I spent a weekend away listening to these .

What a Moronic review.

http://noaudiophile.com/Bose_901/

ishkabibil
@mrdecibel Sorry, not sure what you mean by "plugging speakers into an electrical outlet." Possibly you could provide more explanation with that. I am not good at guessing what that means.

Minimus 7 was kind of a joke, but pretty much any hand-held transistor radio from 1960 sounds better than anything bose makes today or ever made, IMO.

Sorry if you disagree, but that is what makes the world work and what brought customers to my shop back then.

Cheers!
All hail rchopp....

Audiophile?  Hardly what a ridiculous reply.

We are living in the age of Moron.
I'm not calling anyone out personally for being vitriolic.  That was just my overall takeaway from the thread: much vitriol among the naysayers. 

It's one thing to say you prefer one speaker to another or that it sounds better in your opinion.  But it's then quite another to empirically state that "speaker a is better than speaker b".  It begs the questions:  With what amp, with what music, in what room...and better in what regard...and so on and so forth. 

Maggies are good speakers but they have glaring weaknesses, IMO.  Bose 901's are also good speakers and have glaring weaknesses.  But I can tolerate the 901's weaknesses much better than I can the Magnepan's.  I prize dynamics, powerful bass and lower mids, effortlessness and unfettered sound -sound not tied to a speaker.  The 901's give me lots of all these.  Maggies, not so much.  But really, with me it always comes down to the "big goofy grin" factor.  Whatever speaker can put one on my face wins!  Klipsch Cornwalls can do that and so can Bose 901's.
richopp, if you do not understand plugging a speaker into an electrical outlet, instead of an output stage of an amplifier ( using an ac plug, instead of spades or banana plugs at the amp end ), I do not know what to tell you. Comparing an old transistor radio, and stating the superiority, of a properly set up, properly driven set of 901s, shows me a few things about you. I will not go into those details, as I do not want my post to be deleted by the Audiogon police. Enjoy !