Bose 901

I spent a weekend away listening to these .

What a Moronic review.

http://noaudiophile.com/Bose_901/

ishkabibil
Guess it depends on what you’re expecting. The first track on ‘momentary lapse of reason’ the bass line during the rowboat had the furniture in my apartment vibrating! It took speakers matched with components many times the cost to get the bass those puny 4 1/2” drivers put out. Van Halen, bring it. Sure I wasn’t going to focus on the decay of cymbals or listen for the spit traveling down the neck of a sax, but I could enjoy every cd in the rack with those crummy things which at the time was 90% better than the ‘hi end’  speakers I repeatedly replaced them with. One of the few speakers that sounded at home like they did in the store. NOT FOR audiophiles.
Their strength is they play anything.
Too say they are terrible.  I will never understand.
" . . . during this presentation, they took a pair of bare electrical wire ( similar to what you would find on a coffee maker ) with an ac plug on one end, connected and plugged the 901’s into the ac outlet. They left the 901’s plugged in for 1 minute, with a sound, I will never forget. . . ."

How long did it take to realize that they sounded best plugged into the wall? :-) :-)
From a poster......

i miss my 901s life was so much simpler then

Similar Products Used:

altec vott,jbl l200b ,dahlquist dq10,magnepan mg3,acoustat,norman labs,allison,b&w,B&O,vandersteen 2c,ads,ar model 9,infinity kappa rs 9,infinity rs2b,plenty of others also and yes i have proof of all these speakers go to flickr look up [email protected]