Do You Remember Your First CD Player?

I had owned the first of the first. I purchased the unit in 1982. It was a Sony CDP 101. It was the most obnoxious, raspy, annoying, piercing, grading, non-musical component I had ever heard.

Also, at the time, the complete CD library that was available consisted of about 15 CDs.

Now? I listen to my newest CD rig more than I listen to my turntable. My, how times have changed.

What was your first CD player and when did you purchase it?
128x128buscis2
Mine was a Sony Discman bought for like 350.00 in the late 80's...thought I was in heaven, and pretty cool too,nobody else had the Diacman for still some time after I had mine..now it can be had for like $10 and it probably sounds better lol
In 1982 or 83 Pioneer SDLP-1 or something like that. I remember the first CD rack at Tower records had something like 20 titles surrounded by a sea of LP records. It didn't take long for them to take over. Most 20 year old kids don't even know what a record is. I wish SACD had done the same thing, but I doubt it will.
paid $100 (1987-88?) for a cdp that had big blue and red control buttons on it, looked like a toy, really (was it a sanyo?). first cd i bought to play was led zep's in through the out door. almost made my ears bleed and i did not buy another cd for years. gave the unit away and went back to my tape deck.
Yes, but not the model number.. It was a very early (maybe 1st generation) Sony. I'm only posting to say I gave it to one of my brothers who is still using it today- it has never, not once, needed to be serviced. He tells me the door is slow to open and close, but still works fine (I imagine the sonics are another story)
My player was bought in about 1985 -- some pioneer for about 300.00 +/-. First cd was Stevie Wonder recorded fully digitally, it was the disc with the song part time lover. Man, I thought it was the coolest thing...