Do You Remember Your First CD Player?

I had owned the first of the first. I purchased the unit in 1982. It was a Sony CDP 101. It was the most obnoxious, raspy, annoying, piercing, grading, non-musical component I had ever heard.

Also, at the time, the complete CD library that was available consisted of about 15 CDs.

Now? I listen to my newest CD rig more than I listen to my turntable. My, how times have changed.

What was your first CD player and when did you purchase it?
128x128buscis2
I'm almost embarrased to say it, but I've been lurking off and on at Audiogon for years. This is the first thread that basically "compelled" me to actually post. I smiled as I read through all of the entries ... and had to say something..

My first CD player was a Denon DCD-1500 in 1986. Basically I ate potato chips and steamed corn for months in order to afford it... I still have it, and it's interesting that everyone who purchased one of these says that it still works. My second was an Adcom GCD-600, my third is a Wadia 850, and my fourth is a Denon 2900. The last two are both still actively in service.

My first CD was Bob Dylan's three CD box set Biograph, incidentally purchased prior to my first CD player.
Sony CDP-610ES back in the mid-1980s. Bought each Telarc CD as it was released -- I remember the store used to keep their CDs behind glass.

Perfect sound forever. :-)
High School graduation present, 1990. A sony single disc player, but I can't remember the exact model number - something like CDP-486. I used it, and my roomate's similar player extensively when DJing in college. Sadly my guitar amp fell on it 2 years ago. Up until then it still worked...
Denon DCP-100 portable bought in fall of 1990. With a pair of headphones it was my entire system for years. After buying a cheapo Kenwood 5-disk unit it went into a closet only to resurface last fall when I picked up some old gear & needed a cd player. Kind of like an old hammer - it's not fancy, it just works.