New Santana Album "Africa Speaks"

Santana has a new album out; since it's not quite jazz, and I'm not sure if it's Rock, I'll just throw it up for grabs and see who likes it.

Africa Speaks is inspired by music from the continent of Africa, and has been called a "unique fusion of rock, Latin and jazz". Many of the album's tracks were recorded in one take. The album features vocals from Spanish singer Buika.

Africa Speaks was released on June 7, 2019 by Concord Records and Suretone Records, but this is the first time I've seen it on "you-tube"

Since it has been hard for me to find anything by Santana that I didn't like, I'll refrain from expressing my biased opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD4a7bAnhrM&list=PLW0qrlJ-5IPmYy6pMLK1wv4Fq8V3bIFMm

What do you think?
orpheus10
I just realized, that my post I spoke about, being on another thread, was actually, on this one.....duh
This will be my last and final post on "Audiogon"; some will be happy, some will be sad, but I'm moving on.
What in the world?
Why would be my question.
I know the posting on Audiogon has taken a turn for the worse at times of late but no need to leave.
Take the high road and rise above the cattle.

Sorry to see you go if that is your final choice and one that I respect.

Good luck!
Well, I listened to Africa Speaks, again, in it's entirety, and what is amazing to me, unlike many here, I enjoyed the music, the playing, the melodies, the harmonies, the song structures, the interplay between the musicians, the creativity of what Carlos has put together, 50 years after his beginnings. My system allows musical flow, rhythm, agility, details, tone, coherence, and dynamics, to show through. My system disappears, with this, and many. Yes, it is a studio album, but all I can say, for those of you who do not give this masterpiece another go, is missing out on another Santana marvel. To not listen to music, because of some audiophile ignorance, is unfortunate. Enjoy ! MrD.
I can’t speak for the compression-phobes, but the reason some don’t like the record has nothing to do with audiophile ignorance or any other audiophile concern.  
When I first saw this thread it reminded me that I hadn't heard any Santana in a while and I listened to a couple of his older albums.

As far as this album, I didn't sit down and listen to this in a "critical" way, I just let it play and I have to say, I was drawn in by the Santana's blistering guitar work right from the start and the percussion and singing kept me listening.  

To me it sounded like a group of talented musicians enjoying themselves and letting their creative juices flow.  I read that they recorded 49 songs in ten days!  Hate all you want.  If you can do anything as good or better than this in any creative form of expression, my hat's off to you!

Oh... by the way, it sounded pretty good on my system.