Why is Sony Digital sound more like vinyl?

I have had Levinson, BAT, ARC, Wadia, Meridian, Denon etc...players..and the top ones, yet when I purchased a Sony scd-XA777Es I was touched in a way none of the others could! The one thing in common with the other gear was Burr Brown DAC's. Also, I have come to believe that RCA (single ended)connections are more musical. Most of my gear has been balanced...when I went all single ended...ah!!!...music like when audio was new!! Lastly, I have found that if CD playback levels on a preamp rise quikly with low volume settings...musicality and low level detail is lost. Perhaps others out there in Audiogon land have pondered my musings...or maybe I've got way to much time on my hands!!
128x128dave_b
The RCA Living Stereo Sacd, did strike my interest are they any better than the Jvc XRCD's?
I've not heard the XRCDs, but I've read on audioasylum that they are far superior. I can't believe these recordings are almost 50 years old. One of the great advantages of SACD remasterings of analog is no PCM anywhere. I hope. The only Living Presence I was a little disappointed with, both sound-wise and performance-wise, was the Cliburn Rachmaninoff/Tchaikovsky, though it was still 'good.' It's great to hear most of these in three channel, as the engineers hoped that they would be heard.
BigKidz, which tubes DAC did you use in your comparison? I'm debating a new DAC or getting my SCD 777 modified. You've owned plenty of Sonys, which would you recommend, new DAC or mod?
would any of you big spenders like to take a challenge?

try a sony dvp-nc685v DVD-sacd player against your
set-up. can be had for just under $200.00. worse
case, you can use it as dvd player.

i've had audio note dac 3, meridian 508.x(dark),
MSB link dac thru denon as transport. none were
particularly better and sacd is smooth