Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne? Just saw this pic from CES 2011.

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-acoustics-mmmicroone.html

Any thoughts on this one?
rhohense
I just hit refresh here before heading out to the shop for the day. Glad I did since my comments obviously need clarification.

Guys, I hade NO intention of calling into question the quality of the woofer that Evolution has designed. You're totally misreading my intent, of course the post has been removed now so it's impossible to re-read. But seriously, what I was saying is that woofer looks fantastic, that it looks to be a very well executed design, and that I was impressed at how they pulled it off given the technical challenges.

I was giving a compliment, nothing thinly veiled or ulterior. An honest compliment.
The country of orgin for various parts does`nt matter. I`m sure the spectrum of quality in china is broad as it is in any other country.The only thing that matters is the sound performance,reliability,support/customer service and relative value to competing companies. The market will decide the sucess of this new speaker.Early favorable impressions are a good start.
Regards,
09-23-12: Vapor1
I didn't insinuate they were modded Wavecors, it's obviously a new design. All I said is it looks like a Wavecor frame. Even Accuton borrowed frame design from another manufacturer. The Wavecor frame is plenty beefy and well engineered for the job, supposing it is what they're using. And there's no reason to pay for tooling of a new frame when an off the shelf component exists that does the job.

I only posted here to say bravo on what looks like a well executed bespoke woofer design, that's no small undertaking. Please don't misrepresent my intent...

After 2 years and 200+ posts (in this thread) I'm pretty sure I've only posted in this thread once ... not sure how that makes me 'very intrigued'. And all I posted was how the woofer design was impressive. What's the problem?
Since you are asking, I will say that I too wondered about the intent of your (now deleted) post. It was partly your use of the phrase 'the best "Chinese" drivers,' which isn't a compliment in the audiophile world.

As the manufacturer of a competing product, ANY discussion of a competitor's design could easily be interpreted as professional rivalry. I'm not making a statement about your intent. I'm making a statement about the APPEARANCE of your intent.

FWIW, although I haven't heard Vapor's speakers, I've been told by a trusted source that they sound fantastic. Judging from your website, they are an impressive technical and aesthetic achievement. I congratulate you. But I also urge you to consider the advice I gave to Jonathan and Kevin in my post on 9/21.

Having read both Vapor threads, I will point out that this is not the first occasion in which your intent is under question. It's certainly possible that you're being misunderstood and misrepresented, but the fact that it continues to recur suggests that you should reexamine what you discuss or how you discuss it.

Wishing the best for both Evolution Acoustics and Vapor...

Bryon
Dear fellow Goners: I just wanted to state for the record (I have no afilliation with EA) that I have always found them to be responsive and am completely satisified with the delivery, quality, and sound of my MMMicroOnes. I can also sympathize with EA in that going from manufacturing low volumes of expensive speakers in the US is a world apart from manufacturing high volumes of relatively inexpensive speakers in China. The MicroOnes are no doubt the best small room speaker I have heard, bar none. I think some real engineering went into these speakers and it is unfortunate that so many others do not. I commend Jonathan, Kevin, and the EA team for enduring what certainly had to be a painful birth of this speaker line.
Jtinn,
It is not about the cost. It was about the responsibility of the dealer/manufacturer to communicate the correct price to the consumer. Your responsible reply will rub positively with folks on this forum who want to upgrade their speakers in future. And that is what I applauded you for.