Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne? Just saw this pic from CES 2011.

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-acoustics-mmmicroone.html

Any thoughts on this one?
rhohense
I am in a much smaller room than your 20 x 30 x 8 and sit nearfield between the speakers, so I am not entirely sure if the speakers are good candidates for your larger room. A lot of it will depend on how much amplifier power you have. The speakers produce 87dB at a distance of 1 meter at 1 watt essentially, so 10 W will produce 97 dB peaks at 1 m, 100 W 107 dB peaks. The sound pressure levels fall off as the square of the distance from the speakers, so you can work this out. I would think a larger room would dilute the bass volume also, so a subwoofer would help here. Hopefully EA will respond to your inquiry soon with a more definitive answer. One thing I can say: once you hear the gorgeous midrange of these speakers you won't care about the bass. YMMV of course.
Recroom.... I'm using the MicroOne's in a room that's 21L x 15W x 8H. I know it's not the same size as your room but the room it will end up in is 35L x 18W x 8H.

There's another member here Grr6001 that has a room that's closer to your room specs. Hopefully he can chime in and give his feedback.

I can tell you that I'm not concerned about their performance in the larger room. Currently I'm breaking them in on my 2-channel system. These speakers can handle huge dynamics and can play really loud without any strain.

Jonathan is usually great in reaching back out to customers. Try him at info at bluelightaudio dot com.
I've followed this thread from the beginning. I've heard the MicroOne on two occasions in the past year, at RMAF and NewPort Beach. IMO, the praise for the Micro is deserved. The SQ of these speakers is remarkable. For the price, it is extraordinary.

Now that they are shipping to customers, I feel inclined to share a few observations about the somewhat rocky inception of this product. IMO...

1. Long production delays damage trust.

2. Large unanticipated price increases damage trust.

3. Slow responses to customer inquires damage trust.

4. Arguments on internet forums damage trust.

Evidence for each of those statements can be found on this thread and other internet forums. That is regrettable for EE.

I've met Jonathan and Kevin and they strike me as nice guys, and plenty smart. But I believe they have done themselves a disservice, because I believe the issues above could have been handled differently. I understand that production delays are sometimes unavoidable and production costs can be difficult to predict. I understand that small operations cannot return every email and that it's difficult to watch someone impugn your reputation on a public forum and not fight back. Nevertheless, I believe that there are a few things Jonathan and Kevin can do...

1. Be extremely transparent about production delays and pricing. You don't have to name names or reveal every exact figure, but much more specific information would go a long way toward reassuring customers. It could also, incidentally, build anticipation.

2. Hire someone to return calls/emails. If that's not possible, enlist a loved one. If that's not possible, then at least expand the FAQ page on your website so that it answers as many questions as possible, both technical questions and purchasing questions. The more information the better. This would not only alleviate some of the pressure to return calls and emails but it would also, IMO, build even greater interest in the audiophile community.

3. Adjust your style when dealing with troublesome posters on internet forums like these. Fight innuendo with information. Be as unemotional about it as possible. If that isn't in your nature, then don't address any specific post, and just give occasional updates that address recurring concerns.

I apologize if all this seems presumptuous. I'm offering these suggestions as a sincere effort to provide meaningful input to a company that, IMO, deserves to thrive.

The MicroOne and EE are currently enjoying the spotlight. But the spotlight is fickle. What is brightly lit today is dimly lit tomorrow. I would invite Jonathan and Kevin to do everything in their power to ensure that EE and its remarkable products remain visible for years to come.

Bryon
Correction to my post... "EE" should read "EA," for Evolution Acoustics. Apologies.

Bryon