Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne? Just saw this pic from CES 2011.

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-acoustics-mmmicroone.html

Any thoughts on this one?
rhohense
Being held up in Customs? Are these, by chance, being made in China?

BTW, how will that affect future repairs.

I thought that these were out last summer-2011
I believe that they are indeed being made in China. I came late to the game with these after reading the rave reviews online and hearing them at the recent Newport Beach Show, and I ordered a pair. I am aware that there have been a lot of production delays but I would imagine EA will have an arrangement to repair them here in the US. Sooner or later they will have to deliver them to customers or cut bait. Hopefully it is the former.
I was pretty tempted last winter to put a deposit on a pair of these with a dealer in my state, but now I'm glad I held off. Too much potential aggravation waiting. Let's see when people actually begin to receive their orders.
Hello Rlawry,

Thank you for your reply and update regarding this speaker. Good luck on your upcoming delivery!

BTW, do you happen to know if this "made-in-China" version of the MMMicro1 has the same drivers, crossovers, wiring, and connectors as the "Show" model?

I would think there will be no reason to only have parts for this MMMicro1 assembled in China; I would think that the mtg. of all the constitute parts are also mtg. In China.

Also, do you happen to know if all of these Evolution Acoustics speakers (MM2, MM3, and/or MM7) are mtg. In China?

Thanks!
Unoear,
I recall from conversations with Malmgren at Newport 2011 that the MMMicro One is the first EA speaker with overseas mfr. I understand all other models to be designed and mfr'ed in the states. Design, control and distribution for MMMicro One are I think all done here in USA.

For what it's worth, my impressions of Kevin M. are that he is a straight shooter. My bet is that once they get these new mfr. and shipping processes solved to his high standards, he will be distributing a great new speaker at a new value point and taking good care of his customers as he's always done with the rest of the EA line.