Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten

Cal,

You did it the right way by actually listening to various amplifiers in your own audio system. At that point you just have to trust your ears and 'know' what type of sound presentation you prefer. This stuff is so personal and that is what makes it fun and  so interesting.

Stephen you have two excellent amplifiers for your Nenuphars and listening impressions can and do change over time (particularly if burn-in is a factor). The First Watt S.I.T.3 is a formidable component. I just believe that the Nenuphar has remarkable purity and transparency (without being analytical) and reveals what's fed into it within the system.

Charles

In regard to cables. silver vs copper there are so many variables involved as cal alluded to. Either material can sound smooth and warm or cold and sterile. Quality of the wire, geometry, dielectric material chosen, connector selection, on and on.  .I've had wonderful results with silver I.C.s and speaker cable in my system over the years and the Ocellia has been superb for me. Without question many could say the same about their copper wire experiences.

Charles

Charles, indeed the Nenuphars have remarkable transparency, in fact the most of any speaker I've ever heard, including electrostatics which I owned for many years. It is a totally relaxed, natural kind of detail that doesn't seemed forced, just part of the music.  Hard to describe, but it is unique to me.  They make comparing cables--or any component I would imagine--very easy.

Cal, thanks for the info on your silver cables.  They sound special indeed.  I have the Clear Day as mentioned and also some Dueland silver.  Both impart a slight ringing to high key piano notes being struck sharply and a little fatigue listening to massed strings--to my ears anyway and in my system with speakers that no doubt still have a ways to break in.  Right now I like the copper although I can't even figure out which amp I like better.  Maybe this is why some folks have more than one amp?

But boy do these puppies sing.
I forgot to share the damping factor of the amps I mentioned earlier.

Scott Sheaffer Found-Music 2A3 monoblocks:

< 4 Damping Factor
Zero Negative Feedback

T+A PA 3100 HV integrated amplifier:

> 65 Damping Factor
Virtually No Negative Feedback