Should I buy a VPI SCOUTMASTER. I OWN 25 RECORDS.

Should I pursue analog? Invest maybe 3 or 4 grand in a table and start buying records? Some stuff sounds really good on Vinyl but it's an expensive endeavor and NEW records aren't cheap. Plus thos pops and noise and a lot of setup required. Love the vintage aspect of it. Some records sound truly amazing on a really good table and cartridge. Take the plunge? Or buy a better DAC and dont look back!!! Lol. 
jeffvegas
I recently got back into vinyl a couple years ago by purchasing a Scoutmaster with the jmw arm and a ortofon 2m blue mm cartridge. It sounded good to me and I was enjoying it more than cds on my PS audio direct stream dac/memory player(transport). Soon after I picked up another VPI arm wand with nordost wiring and a Hana SH cartridge. I was using a cheap Vincent phono preamp for a little while to get started and it sounded okay for 250 on sale. Things really improved when I picked up an Alnic H 1201 tubed phono preamp and Kiseki Purple Heart cartridge that I found here for a decent price. I also found a Fosgate signature Signature Phono preamp on usaudio that I couldn’t resist after getting a taste of tubes. I prefer the Fosgate over the Alnic even though it’s quite a bit noisier. I picked up a 6 month old VPI Prime a few months ago on Usaudio and love the sound of the sound of the 3D arm even though the Scoutmaster seemed to go a little deeper in the o
low end. So to sum it all up I really fell hard back into vinyl which to me is just more musically involving and makes it hard to sit down and really enjoy digital anymore. I don’t have a lot of experience with other tables but VPI seem to hold there value pretty well and have an extensive upgrade path. If you can go listen to a decent table and and really good digital front end and see which one you want to invest more? This is kinda what got me back into vinyl and made me keep buying new and used records frequently. 
No.

I've been working on my LP collection since 1968. I have LP's from my parents, and even a box full of lacquer 78's.

But I have an excuse, and even then a VPI is starting to push it. If you're in love with vinyl, in love with the "ritual", then I'd certainly recommend working your way up to it. But investing in the software first, not the front end. Which could take a year, which could take a few years.

But it seems a waste for about 1100 minutes of music. If I were starting over I'd go with FLAC and DAC and not look back. Me? I grew up with LP's, staring at the covers, and used to live my life in 20 minute doses. I love the whole ritual thing, as time consuming and dumb as it is. YMMV.
I would suggest you get set up to align your own cartridges (if you haven't already). Then try out a couple on your current table. Just remember they can be used on your next one. 

You can also set yourself up to clean your records. Small inexpensive "tweaks" may help you decide if you want to become more "invested" or keep what you have. You can build a nice digital front end to go with it.

I am thinking about a Schiit Sol turntable for my collection of about 200. I bought most of them before "compact disks" became all the rage. I did buy a couple. I also inherited my wife's grandfather's collection. Mostly classical and big band. I am leaning towards a Soundsmith  Otello cartridge to go with it. I have an old Panasonic turntable and I am currently using an Audio Technica. My review: It plays records.

I say go for it! You could start off buying a lesser turntable than a VPI and something like a Schiit Mani phono pre. You could go with an MM or MI cart like a Nagaoka MP-110 or a Grado Black2, which are great carts for the $, IMO. Don’t even bother with an MC cart yet. If ya like it enough, you’ll stick with it. If ya don’t dig it, then just sell the deck, the phono preamp, and your records even as a package deal or something. 
There’s nothing wrong with having multiple mediums in your system either. I listen to vinyl 95% of the time, and CD’s sometimes. I haven’t even gotten into streaming yet, which I’ll get to eventually. I’ve personally been collecting vinyl for the past 30 yrs or so, and own thousands of records. Even with the pops n’ clicks, it just sounds best to my ears. I don’t even really notice the occasional pop or click anyway. 
As far as set up goes, setting up a turntable is an art, but once it’s done with your cart of choice, you really don’t need to worry too much about it, unless you start fiddling with it and are not knowledgeable about what you’re doing. Again, I say go for it. You’ll figure out pretty quickly if it’s for you or not, but don’t give up too early! lol

Best of luck to you, no matter what you end up doing!