LP made from a digital master recording...

The digital vs. analog thoughts, even debates I can understand...when the analog LP is from analog masters.  When an LP is pressed using a digital master recording as the source, does that LP still have an analog advantage?   
whatjd
Analog tape print through and vinyl pre/post echo can add a richness to vinyl recordings.
I've never experienced joy listening to digital - awe maybe, but not happiness. I also don't think vocals sound remotely human with a Dac not made bt DCS. My turntable rig is only about $3k. If I could afford a DCS Bartok, I'd likely upgrade to a $7k analog rig and be happier still.
With respect to the OP's specific question, I'm in full agreement with those who have suggested it is really about the mastering.

If the mastering for LP is different than that for the CD release (it would primarily be about increased dynamic range and less compression on the vinyl release than the CD release that would possibly give the LP version the edge, but there might be other factors in a different mastering for LP vs CD as well, ie. LP might be hi-rez while the digital release might be standard redbook) there is a possibility that the LP would sound better. 

If the masterings are identical for both the CD and LP release, assuming good playback equipment on both the digital and analog side, I can see no reason why the LP would be superior and a number of reasons why it might not be. 

I don't buy a lot of newer music because I like the sound of good analog recording and don't particularly like what I perceive to be the sound of digital in many cases. And I doubt, frankly, that many modern releases actually feature a different mastering for the LP release vs the CD release. To find out, you pretty much have to buy both versions, which is a pretty unexciting proposition as far as I'm concerned. 

I was at a blues show last week and ended up buying an LP from the band after talking to the leader. It was recorded analog to tape live in the studio so I figured I'd take a chance on it. Only bought the LP as didn't want to purchase the CD too and while the recording is decent, you can tell it was mastered digitally, probably run through Pro Tools or something similar in terms of creating the final product. My guess is that the vinyl and CD mastering are probably identical in this case but I'd have to hear the CD to be sure. 

I have very few newer recordings on both formats. One that comes to mind is Bob Dylan's Together Through Life. The LP and the CD sound pretty much the same to me; I see no point in owning the LP to be honest. 
   So much science in this discussion. Groove geometry, master recording, streaming capability, and a host of others. LP quality and digital quality will always come back to the original recording. CD's, streaming, and LP's all will suffer or benefit from that.
    If a person has a sizeable collection of LP's then it makes sense to obtain the best possible sound from them. Analog will beat out digital and digital will beat out analog depending on the source equipment, and room employed.
   With LP's there are always things to keep in mind. Care, cleaning, and, of course, equipment used. This is still, yet, another debate which has no end. Both formats have their advantages. So many variables to consider.

One thing for sure--there is rarely a digital reproduction of a pre-mid 80s analog recording that is arguably better than the original vinyl lp absent extraordinary efforts (e.g. Abbey Road, White Album)