Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne? Just saw this pic from CES 2011.

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-acoustics-mmmicroone.html

Any thoughts on this one?
rhohense
Guys

I spoke with Jonathan also a few weeks back and yes, he is over the moon about the speaker. I don't mind when a manufacturer is a bit, ahem, enthusiastic about their wares. I'm a big enough boy to take the info that I'm given and do with it what I see fit. I agree with Zmanastronomy that this speaker is certainly worth looking further into if you are in the market for a well priced monitor. The company does produce high quality gear; I don't think anybody would disagree with that.

Also, my opinion is that awards for high quality sound at the various shows are not meaningless; they are simply an indicator that the particular winner caught someone's attention. And again I'm a big enough boy to use that info how I see appropriate.

So no need for denigrating a manufactuer's enthusiasm or a show reviewer's enthusiasm. They are pieces of info that are understandable and/or useful when making a decision whether to pursue an audition of a particular piece of kit.

By the way I will be auditioning these speakers hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

GLR
GLR, looking forward to your input and first impressions.
I may have a chance to listen to a pair myself.
A friend may be receiving a pair and I'll be sure to go to his place and take a listen.
He has a treated room like mine and I can get the impression of the speaker from there.
Let us know when you get them and chime in on your thoughts. John

I'm a big boy too.
How does MMMIcroOne speaker compare to any of Audience ClairAudient speakers, specially the One ClairAudient in CES 2011 that they are showing?
What about the puck between the speaker and the stand? I think it is not Wave kinetics. Is it part of the speaker stand?
Hope I can shed some light on the stands. The optional stands are a very unique design. The MMMicroOne loudspeakers attach to the stands by bolts and employ a very effective vibration control method that was inspired by Wave Kinetics.