Are Bowers and Wilkins speakers overpriced?

I see a lot of negative commentary on B&W. Why? Are they overpriced? Do they not sound as amazing as they look? Are they too “main stream”? - I love my 805 d3’s but curious why they get such a bad rep. 
paulgardner
Pair any of their speakers with either Luxman or Macintosh integrated and you will hear the human voice and variety of instruments that will show you true refinement of sound.  I have owned various models over the past thirty years and have enjoyed each of them.  It's as if you were there live with the artists.  
But james, Macintosh doesn't make amps, McIntosh does.
How do you like them apples ....  😀
I don't know about overpriced but that diamond tweeter is unlistenable, makes my ears want to bleed. Reminds me of a rabid cat chasing a mouse wearing ice skates on a blackboard.
All speakers are overpriced - way overpriced!

The trick is to find the discounts.

I just bought a pair of the best sounding speakers made at a $10,000 discount - about 50%.

Can’t share the type or source - must maintain the confidence - so, I can preserve the relationship.

But, it serves to make the point.
That’s a bummer you can’t appreciate the diamond tweeter. It’s pretty stunning when toned down a bit with tubes. I can’t get enough!