MSB vs dCS Bartok

Thinking about the MSB Premier vs dCS Bartok in a active ATC speaker rig.

I want to consolidate my system down from a Naim NDS/252 front end. 
So as a one box DAC/streamer/preamp. which should be better ?

rfc
a fundamental difference between the MSB approach and the dCS approach is bit perfect verses up-sampling. my opinion is that bit perfect is the way things are going and that it allows you to get the best possible performance from the recording’s native resolution. of course, it’s not really quite that simple......but to my ears it does make a fundamental difference (less digital signature) and has musical consequences.

the MSB Premier, as far as i know, cannot do streaming by itself. but i do believe it can be spec'd with a high quality volume control. you will need a CPU of some sort as a Roon end point. but honestly i’ve not done any extensive MSB listening beyond the Select II in my own system.

i would recommend trying to demo both units. if you ever get to the Seattle are you are welcome to demo my MSB for whatever that is worth. i love my Select II.

i hope that helps.
I assume it is to downsize to a “one box” solution. Then use this for preamp. duties as well. Both are great devices & no wrong choice with either. Though I suspect the MSB “may” have a better integrated volume control. 
The reason for these 2 are:
1. both can be used to stream from an existing server setup I have.
2. both have preamp/volume control function.
3. legendary upgrade support from both companies.
4. both support XLR analog out (need that for my ATC active - only has Balanced XLR in).
5. both are supposed to be superb units - near the top for DAC sound quality.

However, the Naim 252 preamp. I have is excellent and I am not 100% sure “all in one” for DAC/streamer/preamp. has got there yet for total sound quality. Except perhaps for the extreme high end units from these 2 companies and a few others for several thousand $$$$ more than even these expensive units, then by all accounts they seem to not need an external preamp. at all.
+1, @tomic601, I agree the Bricasti DAC should be on your list.

My Bricasti M21 DAC is in my main audio system and it is truly outstanding. It offers both a sigma delta conversion and a ladder DAC. I switched back and forth and decided the ladder DAC sounds the best. I previously owned the Bricasti M1SE DAC and the M21 DAC sounds much better. I was very impressed.  My source is the Aurender N10 Music Server.