Pops/clicks with Aurender N100H + McIntosh C47 combo

I have had a N100H for several months an was using it feeding a Peachtree Nova500 without any issues. I recently replaced the Peachtree with a Mac C47+Wyred4Sound SX-1000R setup. Unfortunately, no matter how I change the settings in the Aurender (Fade In/Out, Time Delay, etc.) I get a sharp pop or click whenever I pause a track (streamed or played from the internal drive.) It wouldn’t be too big of a deal except that it is volume-dependent. When playing at higher levels, I’m concerned at the click may cause enough distortion to actually damage a driver in my speaker (likely the tweeter.) My short-term workaround is to always mute the C47 before I pause the track on the N100, but this is a serious pain and inconvenient....especially as my I’m not the only user of the gear. Another family member might forget to mute first and then....’bang!’  I've also noticed I can get the clicks sometimes when the resolution changes from one track to the next.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Where you able to eliminate it? My only two options that I can think of now are to 1. swap the C47 for a different pre/dac combo or 2. swap the N100 for something like the Lumin U1 Mini.

I’ve already spent more than I had budgeted for this system so any changes suggested need to be equal or less to the $ I already have committed. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW...I emailed Aurender support and still haven’t gotten a response (3 days.)
jkscherk
jkscherk,

I used an N100H for several years, and I never had a problem with clicks or pops, but I'm quite familiar with the settings.   The Aurender runs on Linux, but the C47 manual doesn't specifically say that the C47 is Linux-compatible.  This doesn't mean that it isn't.  Can you disconnect the Aurender and connect an alternate music source to determine if the this second source also produces the clicks and pops as the Aurender?

Also, the manual for the C47 has a few steps to set up the USB port.  I think its possible that when you hit pause, your C47 is changing sample rates on you.  This may be causing the noises you're hearing.

Dave

Dave-I was aware that the Aurender is a Linux-based machine.  Maybe therein lies the problem as the C47 doesn't explicitly say it is compatible with Linux.  The only setup steps you can make for USB on the C47 are actually on the source device (a Windows-based PC).  A MacOS-based machine requires no setup.  I do have another source connected, but it only has coax or optical outputs, no USB.  I have confirmed the coax output on that device doesn't cause any issues when hitting pause.  I do have a Mac Mini with music on it and I could connect it to the USB input on the C47 to see if I get the same clicks.  Not a long-term solution but I guess it would tell me if switching out the Aurender would solve my problem.

Did you use your N100H with a C47?  Or did you just look at the manual to assist with my inquiry?

John
I just did a bit more digging.  All 3 of the big brands are Linux-based platforms:  Aurender, Auralic and Lumin.  I can't believe someone isn't using one of these with a McIntosh DAC.
My Sony HAP-Z1ES music server is also  Linux based and I have no problems with any noise connected to my McIntosh C2500 tube preamp.  I am speaking of using the dac in my preamp via the USB.