Seeking recommendations for DAC to amplifier balanced XLR cable

The amplifier is Musical Fidelity M6si and the new DAC is RME ADI-2 DAC FS, both great devices. At first I connected them with AQ Colorado 1m RCA. I happen to believe, however, that balanced cabling, which is possible between these two devices, has theoretical advantages over single-ended. I ordered Sommer Epilogue XLR cable from Germany, plugged it in yesterday and compared... Unfortunately AQ Colorado beats the newcomer. I have 2 choices: stay with AQ Colorado RCA (since it already plays great) or look for a better XLR cable. Any advice here is welcome! 
ghjuvanni
You may want to check out balanced XLR cables from Acoustic BBQ.  They are sold on Audiogon by grannyring.  He will customize for you and can provide double ICs using the Schroeder method.  I used them between my phono preamp and my integrated amp.   Highly recommended.
I don't quite believe in cable break-in
Every new cable/interconnect I’ve ever had in my system required at least some break-in time.  I’ve also found that even wires that are already broken in can take some time to settle in to a new system.  The Sommer might not be the right interconnect but still deserves some more time to better assess its true qualities at least IMO. 

That aside, what improvements are you looking for and wha5 sound characteristics are most important to you?  This info will help greatly in making recommendations. 

Budget: around $500. Currently using Colorado RCA, but was hoping that balanced cabling can beat that Colorado. Sommer Epilogue doesn't. I look for detail, transparency, space. On some musical pieces, eg. electronic music, very sharply defined sounds are present. Colorado renders them; Sommer fuzzies them up.
Given what you’re looking for and budget I’d recommend used Acoustic Zen Silver Reference ll.  If they don’t provide a meaningful improvement you can sell them for little/no loss as the used market for AZ wires is pretty liquid.  Best of luck in finding what you’re looking for. 
Acoustic Zen looks interesting but $840.
Nordost Frey, around $1,500.
Kinda steep ...
I was wondering if simply another Colorado or Mackenzie would do the job. $840 is a good chunk of the $1,100 I paid for the DAC itself. But if I can find used, I can try that.