Is it a good idea to buy CD players over 10 years old even it is a reliable brand?

On cost consideration, I am planning to buy a 2nd hand CD Player like Accuphase DP 500 Player or Estoric X-05
which are around 10 years old or so.  The price is about US$2000~3000.  Of course, unlike amplifier, the CD player has a pick up head and mechanical gears, but even for the above brands which are famous for it's reliability, is it good idea to buy the quite aged CD players from them?

Tks. for the comment and opinion.
128x128faust168
Your dealer might have the purest intentions but he is wrong. A good cd player is much like a good turntable, it ages well and can have qualities you`ll hardly find in newer players due to higher focus on oversampling, cheaper drives, smaller components a.s.on.
Jafant makes a good point.  I would check with the mfr. first to see if they still could provide service on the model you,re interested in.  I,m on my 4th player.  The first two had the transport breakdown.  The 3rd and current player exhibited microprocessor problems.  The 3rd player retailed for 4500 back in 2001.  The mfr (a respected high end mfr supposedly) refused to even look at it.  I now have a 35lb paperweight with no recourse. I would never buy a product from them again.
Dear Audiophiles, 

Thank you very much for your kind opinions, the reason for choosing 2nd hand CD player is merely on cost consideration.  You can get the better sound gear on the modest price even it is an old player.  I bought Marantz CD 16D once from the 2nd hand store, but the pick up head just broken after 3 months, then, I return it to the store and get money back with 20% less (That's the shop's sales rules.). I am concerning whether it is good idea to buy a 2nd hand CD player for the consideration of the possible early break down.   Thank you for all of your suggestions. 

faust