Looking for recommendations for a 'warm' sounding DAC

Would anyone know of a warm sounding DAC, budget to £2500/$3000 new or used. My ears don’t like a crisp and clinical sound, I find that Chord/dcs/Topping sound painful if loud. I know many love those crisp leading edges that these deliver but that sound does not synergise with my amp/speakers nor my sensitive ears. I know the easiest way to achieve this would be to switch speakers to a mellow speaker but this option is not available.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
128x128duckworp
Go for a Tubadour 3  ... Upgraded, if you can stretch the finances
You will not be disappointed. 
I have owned DAC's at four and five times the price of a Tubadour
and turned them in
My Tubadour is matched with a Tube Amp. 

Try Mojo Audio Mystique V2 Plus Dac
it is an R2R Ladder Dac.
under 1500.00 on the used market 
Understand exactly. More affordable than excellent Audio Note and far better than Border Patrol look no further than NOS or used bel canto design DAC3.7 and above. I am able to go between it and vinyl not only without distress but with enjoyment 24/7. Use their Ref level cables or better.  
Being a mainly vinyl guy, the new Line Magnetic LM-32 is the first where I was happy listening to digital. 
Hi Duckworp,
   I have not critically listened to many DACs, but I’m a huge fan of the Synthesis DAC. I have heard it in different forms at Deja Vu Audio with different equipment. It is warm and cozy. Vu of Deja Vu swears it the best sounding DAC you can get under $6000. I plan to get one inside a Synthesis 96+ integrated amp.