Speakers after GMA Europas

Hello everyone,

I had to sell my gear about a year ago to finish up grad school and I want to start building my setup again simply because I miss it so much. My current budget is about $2500 for both speakers and amp but do not know where to go. I had the GMA Europas which I loved and cannot decide what to replace it with.

What would you suggest for both speakers and amp?
daimbert
Yes, the vandersteens really do no wrong and are a nearly full range speaker. But I need more resolving power than they can provide. GMA speakers just rock my boat.

Shakey
Another speaker company that I have always been impressed with...revel...dont quite have the 3d realism of GMAs but they are highly detailed with exceptional clarity....and very good bass reproduction....if you are a detail freak these will blow your mind....
Anybody compare the devore to the GMA speakers? Just curious as a friend recommended them over the GMA? As for what I want, neutral, non-fatiguing, musical speakers. I listen to tons of music and also use to my rig to sometimes test mixes I have done.
Forgot to mention my room.

Of course this is going to be mused in my living room but I do have an open floor plan, so I have dining room to my right and windows to my left. The room is about 20 X 12 (more than a rectangle than a square). The entire apartment is carpeted if that effect recommendations. Like I mentioned before, I need neutral, transparent, huge soundstage, and musical speakers that are non fatiguing. I love the Europas because they provided a 3d quality that many speakers lacked but one thing I honestly thought it needed was more bass. Recommendations could be monitors but was thinking that with a full-range speaker I could possibly get away with getting a separate sub. I would also like to use these speakers with solid state amps versus tubes and plan to use a digital music source (computer to dac).

Thanks for all the advise so far.
Anybody compare the devore to the GMA speakers? Just curious as a friend recommended them over the GMA? As for what I want, neutral, non-fatiguing, musical speakers. I listen to tons of music and also use to my rig to sometimes test mixes I have done.