Looking for recommendations for a 'warm' sounding DAC

Would anyone know of a warm sounding DAC, budget to £2500/$3000 new or used. My ears don’t like a crisp and clinical sound, I find that Chord/dcs/Topping sound painful if loud. I know many love those crisp leading edges that these deliver but that sound does not synergise with my amp/speakers nor my sensitive ears. I know the easiest way to achieve this would be to switch speakers to a mellow speaker but this option is not available.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
128x128duckworp
I love my MHDT Labs Orchid.  I wouldn't call it exactly "warm", but revealing while being very neutral with no digital edge and easy to listen to.
I like lowrider57's Audio Note DAC suggestion.  No gratuitous warmth but a natural/organic character  I understand duckworp's aversion to components that emphasize or exaggerate the leading edge for "sense" of detail. This sounds artificial. 
Charles 
Agree with mitch2 regarding the Yamamoto DAC (I’ve owned mine for many very happy years. SS version but utterly organic). I believe that the Audio Note DACs are more available on the used market ( Larger company with far more DACs built and sold). Also in the stated price range the OP can find a 2.1 or 3.1 model and achieve excellent natural sound quality. Terrific value purchased used IMHO.
Charles