Power/Current: How much is realistic?

Rebuilding my system, Just got a pair Martin Logan 13A, B212. Just looking for insight on how much power/ current
would be enough without going overboard and throwing $$ away. I know i am only driving the panels. Had a Krell fpb-300, 400cx, 350mcx driving M/L Oddessy Descent i. Should i go up to 600watt?  Looking for that last amp without spending a fortune on something i do not need. Thanks, Mike
fruitloopsr
@g_nakamoto, amplifier current ratings are among the most useless and misleading of specs.  They usually represent how much current the amp can put into a dead short (i.e., zero ohms) for some unspecified miniscule fraction of a second.  And in some cases they may even correspond to that capability as measured at the output of the amp's power supply, not even at the output of the amp itself.

See the following thread:

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/current-limit-onset-definition

Regards,
-- Al

Guess i will look for regulated power supplies. All this knowledge you need to know.Yikes
@fruitloopsr, as you may realize lots of people successfully use power amplifiers having unregulated power supplies in conjunction with electrostatic speakers, the comments at Mr. Sanders’ website notwithstanding. Not to mention that there aren’t very many power amplifiers that have regulated supplies, at least for their power stages.

Also, one further comment regarding the possibility of going with a tube amp. The output impedances of various tube amps vary widely, and I believe it would be preferable to limit your considerations of tube amps to those having relatively low output impedances, meaning damping factors of at least 8 or so. Most and perhaps all Audio Research tube amps are among those which meet that criterion.

Regards,
-- Al

Let me ask Anyone have tried the combo of Pass or Sanders amps with M/L 13A if so what do you think?