What makes a good equipment rack?

I've outgrown where all my components live and planning on building a solution myself.

I get the need for air flow around components. No turntable in my future which I'm sure have special needs.

What should I be concerned about or need to address beyond just making a solid peice of furniture and cabling accessible?
128x128doitwithlife
Say, didn’t those Zoethecus platforms originally use Sorbothane for the viscoelastic material? That would certainly explain their sound. 😃 We were going to use a Zoethecus stand under Curl and Crump’s Bar-B-Q amp at the show until we discovered placing the amp on cones sounded much better. That is when I opened the Zoethecus up and spotted what appeared to be uh, Sorbothane.

zavato
Nothing beats a good rack. A solid equipment stand is a good thing too.

>>>>>You need to work a little on your stand up.
@geoffkait 
didn’t those Zoethecus platforms originally use Sorbothane for the viscoelastic material
Search me Wally, I have never taken one apart.  I believe they are constrained layers and I know the top layer is aluminum.  They are of course no longer made but people seemed to like them.  I no longer have the rack but I have three of the z-slabs.  I found the following quote at the link below.  Who knows what they mean by "phenolic, viscous damping fluid" ....is that code for Sorbothane?  Now you have me interested.  Maybe I will go take one apart.  
The heart of the Zoethecus system is the Z Slab. The hand-laid composite core consists of 10 discrete sub-layers of phenolic, viscous damping fluid, aluminum and high density fiberboard to thoroughly dissipate component resonance. This top-of-the-line 15-pound slab is perfect for heavy amps, transports and turntables.
https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/13194/Zoethecus-Z_Slab-Equipment_Rack