The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
Post removed 
Jazze22: TAS 1/07 under 2006 Product(s) of the Year Awards lists the Budget Component of the Year for '06 as the Oppo DV-970HD (149.US).

TAS magazine also features an article by Chris Martens , p.26 regarding the Oppo. Based on the glowing review I purchased the DV-970HD which supports DVD-audio/Video,SACD,HDCD and CD and provides HDMIoutputs w/ 720p/1080i upconversion directly from www.Oppo.com .

I then compaired the Oppo to a fully out-rigged EAD combo that initially retailed for approx.$5K(US). The Oppo in-terms of sonic layering ,soundstage & presence thrashed the EAD no small feat in my book.

If you have not already made up you mind buy the 970 and pocket the savings.
Crem1, Jazz22 started the thread back in 2000, since then he has been divorced twice and was shot by his second wife for trying to trade her in for a better cdp. The first wife I think ended up with the better system. At least that is the way I heard it. However, the OPPO's are getting some recognition.
I will try the Oppo. If it is a little better than the Toshiba, than it will still sound awful and will be returned to the store just as fast.

Tvad, my system is open to anyone who want to listen. Hear mine first, then plug in yours.