Borodin String Qtt 2

By The Borodin String Quartet on EMI Angel (CDC 7 47795 2) recorded originally by MELODIYA in 1980, analog.
I'm impressed by the the very sensitive playing and the recording quality (via Lexicon RT20 through the Spectral DMC20 & DMA180 & reference MIT pc's, ic's & spk cables.) It did not sound anywhere near as good an another decent system without the ac power conditioning. Looking for comments of other listeners of this, what I consider) excellent modern piece and recording.
ptss
Thanks Brownsfan for your considerate reply. Chamber music is my favorite, followed by solo instrument and smaller ensembles. I like to be able to hear the interplay. I see it would have been much more appropriate to just talk of the music. Point 'very' well taken. Thanks for mentioning Frogman, Learsfool and Schubert. Now on to Heinrich. Had never heard of this musical giant. I'll be investigating as new tunes are always welcome. I hope his works are on youtube for sampling.
Here's a Decca CD with the Tchaikovsky 1, the Borodin 2, and the Shostakovich 8:

http://www.amazon.com/Tchaikovsky-String-Quartet-Borodin-Shostakovich/dp/B00DPH7RKQ/

The Lp with the Shostakovich backed by the Borodin should also be easy to find.
I understand Schubert. Thanks for mentioning the St Petersberg Qt issue on Dorian. I will enjoy comparing versions. By the way Dorian was bought by SONO LUMINUS which is a label started by the founders of Cisco. Now distributed under Naxos. I have always appreciated Naxos economical presentations; many of which I have found excellent in all respects. So, it doesn't surprise me the Naxos was well received.
Tostadosunidos I'm with you... another quartet nut. I find a lot of personality and musicality in quartets that I didn't know the composer had in him from his larger works. Often very delightful intimate glimpses with interesting inventiveness.
Christian I too would never have sought out Borodin but I'm very glad for the exposure and having really enjoyed this piece I will seek out more of his work. Looking him up reveals he is a rather famous member of THE FIVE (composers) also known as THE MIGHTY HANDFUL out of Russia; renowned for promoting a specific type of Russian art music. I find this opens musical avenues to explore. Yes.
More to discover