Forever speakers around $5000

Hi Audiogon! Your help has been invaluable in the past so I’m back yet again. I think I’m close to purchasing my forever speakers and am looking for recommendations of what to consider. Here are some qualities I’m looking for, in order of importance:

1. Amazing soundstage. I really enjoy a speaker that can throw a BIG soundstage.
  2. Fun, slightly U-shaped frequency response.
  3. Tight, punchy, musical bass.
  4. Airy and clear high end, think Magnepan.
  5. Good R&D and technology. If I’m paying this much for a speaker, it better not just be a damn box with some bargain paper cone drivers in it.
  6. Nice looking. This is a speaker, first and foremost, but it is also a piece of furniture. It really does have to look nice (I hate to say it, but this probably disqualifies offerings from GoldenEar).
  7. Semi-compact. I like a speaker that has a good physical presence in the room (not too small) but not something massive like a Magnepan (been there already) or Wilson. I like units no more than 45" x 10" x 16" or so. Also cant weight a million pounds as we are still in a rental and will have to move these.

I currently own a pair of LSA 2.1 Signature floorstanders, which have certain qualities I like (soundstage/imaging due to rear firing tweeter, size/weight, U-shaped). But things I feel are missing (bass feels a bit loose, build quality could be better, feels very low tech with paper woofers and unbraced MDF cabinet). I listen to a wide range of music, mostly a lot of intimate jazz combos, some experimental electronic and IDM, funk, some rock, black metal, and a bit of classical.

Here are some speakers I have heard and liked:

1. Magnepan MMG - amazing detail, imaging, mids and highs
  2. LSA 2.1 - for all their shortcomings, they check a lot of boxes
  3. Dynaudio Focus 20 XD - awesome balance and great bass for a standmount
  4. B&W CM10 - I really like this speaker, though I’ve seen some measurements that have turned me off
Speakers I have heard and were disappointed in:

1. KEF LS50 - honestly seemed very shrill and shouty to me
  2. Martin Logan ESL - weirdly didnt get a great impression of these
  3. GoldenEar Triton 3 - not only ugly, but I found these a bit boring to listen to
So, any ideas? I'm willing to consider new or used (if it can be found somewhat easily) speakers around $5000. I can give more info if you have questions, thanks!
primarist
Was lucky enough to find a good used pair. of 

Joesph Audio Pulsar ($4000) and our apartment has never sounded better. Good luck and have fun with your search.

while you’re likely chasing the endless rainbow like we all are...
how about one of the traditional larger boxes from the likes of Harbeth, Stirling, or Spendor ?
I thought I had my “forever speakers” when I purchased Tekton Double Impacts. Incredible speakers!
But, now I’ve sold them and I await the arrival of my Tekton Moab loudspeakers. These will be my forever speakers, surely, because I actually promised this to my wife. And I don’t lie. Seriously.

These may not fit your requirements due to size or whatever, but to those reading this thread the Tekton line of speakers is really something special.
while you’re likely chasing the endless rainbow like we all are...
how about one of the traditional larger boxes from the likes of Harbeth, Stirling, or Spendor ?
These brands tend to be final destinations for many listeners, more often than the typical stiff-cabinet, narrow-baffle floorstander. They're not the last word in any one performance metric but their combinations of talents are hard to beat. I think they're best appreciated by listeners who can appreciate realistic tone/timbre. 

Many assume the flexible cabinets are designed to add an artificial warmth but it's really intended to lower the resonant frequencies where they're far less audible. In contrast, many stiff-cabinet floorstanders have resonances >500Hz which makes them too easy for the ears to locate. Thus, they don't "disappear."  My Spendors and Stirlings are about as stealthy and transparent in this regard as my Maggie .7s. 
Magnepans are great speakers however I could never get them past my wife. I also don't like how they look but that is personal. Unfortunately asthetics plays a huge role and it is part of the equation when looking for speakers.

I think the other factor for many buyers is can they resell the speakers for a decent amount of money if I don't like them. Most speakers and electronics usually resell at approximately 50% of their retail value so buying used should also be considered. 

The last thing is that large speakers cost a lot to ship especially from cost to cost. My last speakers, Salk HT3, cost over $600 to ship to their new owner and I incurred some of the cost. My last speakers were purchased with free shipping. Good luck.