The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
Hold on to your hats here we go............Pioneer DVD444 24/192 street price $200. match with the DAC of your choice. The top 3 DAC's seem to be in order of price lowest first. ART DI/O moded ($400.) Channel islands audio $500. with upgrade power supply or BEL CANTO DAC2 $1,300.. Any one of these combos should SMOKE most all stand alone CD players.
ABBY's vote on the METRONOME CD1V @ 3K has my full confident vote...my second vote is the AUDIO AERO PRIMA...i have no third vote
Audio Research CD-1. I've waited 10 years to find a CD player this "right" for my otherwise overly revealing system. Old, familiar and favorite recordings, including VERY difficult and harsh digital recordings from the early 1980s, suddenly resolve into music, making the hair stand up on the back of my arms and bringing tears to my eyes. I hear inner harmonies for the first time, rejoice in hearing small "mistakes" by one player in the French horn section on a lushly textured Copland fanfare, can finally play my favorite Rachmaninov cello sonata recording at full volume without the harshness of the piano driving me out of the room. Differences in micing techniques are suddenly obvious and even enjoyable, and well produced recordings put the singer or soloist in the room, between the speakers. I didn't think this level of quality was possible for less than $10K to $15K from ordinary 16-bit CDs.

And while I'm at it, let me tell you what a delight it was to deal with Glen Cabana as the seller, a man whose integrity and friendly professionalism sets the standard for perfect service and support. He gave me a great price, gave me impeccable advice, and kept me posted hourly as needed. Have you ever awakened in the middle of the night and worried about having sent a large sum of money to someone you've never met, hoping you'll get the equipment you expect? I have. Well, Glen is one of those rare men of such obvious integrity and reliability that you realize your money is safer with him than it is in your own bank. Buying this CD player from Glen was the most comfortable and safe-feeling transaction I've ever had. Man, I cannot say enough good things about this gentleman. I doubt he'll ever read this, but if he does: "THANK YOU, GLEN!"