Revel Salon vs Vandersteen 5A

Well... Tell me what you guys think!
Vandersteen has the advantage of its time/phase coherence. Whereas the salons MAY just have phase...
Has anyone listened to both?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
docks
Irvrobinson,

Don't underestimate the power of a good time/phase coherent design. Ever heard any GMA speakers?

Shakey
So... Here's a question.
How many of you guys have really enjoyed a speaker that sounded amazing to you but on paper had poor measurements? Freq response, etc.
Piling on: I bought the 5A's (powered by Ayre) less than a year ago and haven't looked back. As stated above, the ability to tailor bass response to your room and the powered subs letting your amp focus on mid- and high-frequency response are major advantages of the 5a design.

Happy listening!
Why not just enjoy a speaker that sounds AND measures good? You can have it all with the 5A.
"So... Here's a question.
How many of you guys have really enjoyed a speaker that sounded amazing to you but on paper had poor measurements? Freq response, etc."

During a demo, I unfortunately have to answer - a lot. Exaggerated bass, especially, can sound great on some recordings or in some rooms, even though the measurements look bad on paper.

I'm guessing from the responses that 5A owners like to use the bass section controls as a tone control, and that's the source of the "soul".