Recommendation for an audiophile speaker cord that is not "bright"?

A friend has loaned me the Nordost Valhalla I and II as well as Nordost Frey 2 cables. They are wonderful speaker cables but do emphasize the "brightness" of my system including my Wilson audio Sahsa 2 speakers.

Any suggestions? Would used Transparent cables provide a richer bottom end? What about Audience Reference?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. - Thank you - Gerry
128x128ruraltraumasurgeon
...just putting in my 2 cents worth: 

I am a big proponent of simple twisted wires as speaker cables. I don't have mega-bucks equipment or speakers - BUT JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT: go down to your local electrical lighting/supply place and get lengths ( distance you need for speaker cable + 2') of 12g solid core copper wire, vinyl-jacketed. Take two lengths and twist them together. Leave ends stripped bare and fasten into place (if bi-wiring, obviously do two sets per speaker). Run your system for a good 300 hours non-stop - and for under $20 you may be presently surprised...
Post removed 
audiozenology-

1. I doubt that is the tube amplifier, but you could be right. These speakers do have an impedance problem at low frequency (e,g, 100 Hz). I now use an ARC GS150, 8 KT150 tubes putting out 150 watts into 8 ohms. That might be a problem.

2. The room was designed and built not as an anechoic chamber, but it took 2 years with the help of an audio engineer from the University of Michigan. I doubt that this is the problem.

3. Since the plain old copper wires sound much better (no "brightness"), with slightly less resolution, maybe I should stick with those. 

The system is: Dedicated mains --> custom-built audiophile wall receptacle--> Nordost Valhalla power cord --> Nordost Qbase --> --> earth ground-->Nordost Frey 2 power cords--> McIntosh C22 preamplifier, high current one into adjacent ARC GS150 amplifier. Since I live in a rural area where I cannot stream, I use ripped or downloaded files from my work, or my brand new Esoteric K1X (bought it in Tokyo this fall) as the CD/SACD front end for those hard disks. It has a Cybershaft (not Shunyata, my apologies) master clock synced into the K1X using a Shunyata 50 ohm Sigma clock cable. The interconnects are also Shunyata Sigma XLRs. The speakers are Shasha 2 / DAWs. I also use a Nordost QPoint under the McIntosh preamp (greatly improved the audio quality). I am open to suggestions...
If those expensive wires are causing your amp to be unstable, then the low cost copper wires will be better. You may be confusing "detail" for artificial high frequencies.  Most claims about high end wires is marketing, but highly capacitive wires can make amplifiers unstable.

If it is bass de-emphasis, that is harder to address without an amplifier change or tone controls.

Sounds like your room is well designed, but a wide dispersion speaker can seem bright where a narrow one does not. Frequency response is on axis but we hear room response.

The amp instability can be measured in minutes with an oscilloscope and a signal generator. The bass de-emphasis can be detected by swapping out for a good high current amp, and a room response issue with a measurement microphone and something like REW. Not sure who you know who can help, but may be a better path than buy and try with unpredictable results.
Ruraltrauma-    I might have missed it but I still don't see where you told us the speaker cables you tried that you thought sounded OK.   That is kind of important.   If you tried a brand that does not have the brightness in your system you should consider moving up their line.   Many manufacturers try and voice their cables with the same "house sound".