Magnepan owners : past / present

What speakers have you bought after owning maggies that you liked as well as maggies ?
128x128maplegrovemusic
Sebrof, yes that's been a viable way to downsize for me also. However, in the end I came back to big panels when a pair of 2.5R was available locally, and the MMGs became available.... and if I ever miss the flea-watt tube sound, I can get it from either of my headphone amp set-ups...
I heard the Maggies 1.7 and found them fatiguing compared to my new BOSE 901 series 6 mk2's. BOSE is now using some new Whizzer cone drivers in their new BOSE 901's and its a BIG improvement !...
I had 901 series III years ago. They were the absolute bomb. I guess as my tastes changed I moved away from that type of sound.
I never heard the 1.7s but my 12a and 1.6s were never fatiguing. What amps and setup did you hear the Maggies with vs what you drive the 901s with?
Sebrof, the maggies 1.7's were paired with top of line high priced Bryston gear and my bose 901's are matched with a NAD M3 and matching CD player. They were 10 of us that heard the maggies 1.7's and we all agreed they were fatiguing.