Best CD player now made.

I am interested in getting the best CD player out there as one of my digital sources. I have a few candidates but I wanted some other opinions. Any suggestions on the Sony's top player or Mark Levinson, or even the BAT tubed affair. I realise the Transport and the DAC might be superior but I wanted to stay below 5 digits. Thanks,
thomasea1
THE Sony XA7ES is incredible for the price, $3000 retail). It's made like a tank and should last for many years. Ease of use combined with it's sense of nuance makes it the most musical CD Red book player on the planet. I wouldn't own anything else.
Since money is no object,why not throw a highly praised low cost player into the mix !Read the reviews at www.audiioreview.com about the AH!Tjoeb'98.At within a giveaway price of $1000.(US),you could a-b it with the most expensive units and hear how it fares.You can also use it in a second system,in your executive office at your summer home ,in another room ect.
Naim CDS2 is the best player I've heard. Makes you think music - not hi-fi. I've heard the Krell 25, the top of the line YBA and the CD12. Don't listen to it if you can't afford it. I did and regret it.
California Audio Labs...All they make is CD and DAC equipment.Even the entry level models have good sound.
Some here have mentioned Sony players,....uh no, they may do something sonically correct but are not musical, they do not convey the emotion,...try a Meridian 508.24, Yba CD 1 or CD2, Copland 289, BAT VK5i, or Electrocompaniet ECM-1, all below $10,000