Acoustic Research AR9LS owners? Just for thought

I am the new owner of a pair of these fine speakers and they are in mint condition. Drivers redone, wood polished, new foam in lower cab area... all done right. Original owners manual and recipt from purchase in october of 1984. WOW. Please give me some input as to how these should be placed, wired, ran, etc etc. I would love to talk to some other owners. THanks.
agarrison
Your awesome!!!! How many years have you guys been doing this to be able to know these things. IT worked like a charm. THANKS
Ok, so now after listening to music for a while now with this set up... I am noticing that there is still a definate lack of low end power on certain songs and volume levels. Could this be due to the lack of power on my amp? Seems like when I crank up the volume to hit some of that pink floyd long deep bass, there is just too much high and mid range... like the woofers arent getting enough juice. My question is though.. if i get a bigger amp, wouldnt I still suffer from the same problem?
So many questions, such difficult answers.

You stated upfront your speakers are "mint condition" and "done right". First of all I don't believe any speaker will be mint condition after 25 years -- too many parts will age even if unused. Second, done right -- were speaker cones refoamed with original weight materials? crossover parts replaced with correct values? all wiring reconnected in proper phase? None of us here can answer these questions on line. And all that comes before any consideration about a good amplifier match.

So what can you do? My advice is to find an experienced friend or possibly a member of a local audio club to come to your home to help you evaluate your situation. If neither of those answers is likely, find a dealer who sells quality components (not a big box store) and see if they have any staff or can recommend a consultant to help you out. In that case be prepared to pay for their time. In the long run, I think this will bring you to the answers you want much faster than continuing questions here when there are so many unknown factors.

As you found, many 'Goners are willing to help but your situation seems complex.
Yes, I understand what you mean. Well, I dont know who can help me figure out what is right and what is wrong but I want to look into an audio club out here in my area.
Agarrison, keep those AR9's they are going to be worth it; but I really really think you are going to have to get a real he-man ball busting amp in order to get the bass potential out of them. Sorry but the Yamaha amp and the Pioneer amp are not going to cut it.. not trying to demean them but.. when you hear the AR speakers with a big bad current dumping amp, you will know it. The old Infinity Quantums with the watkins woofers had the same problem. Sometimes it is the power amplifier that can make all the difference how a speaker can sound. But take your time getting there, hang on to them and build slowly if you have to.