Cat jumped on turntable

OK, I know the obvious response about this but moving past ditching the cat . . . I was playing my VPI Scout 'table with a Dynavector Karat cartridge when the cat (Jack) leaped onto the 'table.  The tone arm slide across the record and the platter stopped.  After addressing the situation, I didn't see any obvious problems (but I have an untrained eye) and dropped the needle.  The tone arm immediately slide across the record to the center.  Upon reflection, it seemed like the tone arm was light since it moved pretty effortlessly.  Before taking it, I thought I would solicit some thoughts here.
scarlson
I second the recommendation of technik60 for getting your cartridge retipped by Joe “cartridge_retipping-5” on eBay. He is highly qualified and also comes highly recommended by other expert re-tippers. I have firsthand knowledge of his work, which is both superior and reasonably priced.
A fitting punishment for the cat would be to duct tape it to the platter, and push the button to spin it at 78 RPM. Once Jack has learned his lesson, you may free him. Then check the stylus as it is most likely ruined beyond repair. Sell the cat and use the money towards a down payment on a new stylus or cartridge. Next time, play your records with the cover on.
I had a similar accident with my Dynavector DV-20X2H.
After investigating the cost of a trade-in (more than the cost I originally paid for the cartridge!) I investigated re-tipping. I settled on Steve Leung at VAS Inc. He replaced the tip and cantilever for about $400, a significant savings. The sound is magnificent and the tracking is superlative.
Also, no glue around the stylus.

If interested: 

Steve Leung VAS Inc. 
 77 Cliffwood Ave, Suite 3B
 Cliffwood, New Jersey 07721
 www.vasnyinc.com Tele: +1-732-888-3288

The re-tip with original cantilever is not possible. None of re-tippers have the square shank cantilever if we are talking about early Carat with 2mm short cantilever None of the re-tippers can make square extension to fit new cantilever. The cartridge most likely is as good as the door stopper. Abandon this idea. Also Average re-tip with descent cantilever/stylus at SoundSmith if $400. The cartridge worth $300-$400. You can get plenty on internet. Also if some re-tippers claim they can glue the stylus to existing cantilever- it is impossible to do correct angle and alignment without computer laser alignment. if you agree on conical stylus- then it is possible, but your Karat will sound like 60s Shure.
If looking for budger cartridge new or used- check viraUSA website