Subwoofer rumble issue

I’m having a hard time solving a problem that seems to come and go. My subwoofer will rumble uncontrollably when playing records at a higher volume. If I turn the volume down sharply it goes away but when I creep the volume back up it comes back. I’ve tried isolating my turntable as much as possible with diy books, isolation feet, etc. (I don’t want to buy an expensive isolation platform unless that really is the issue.) Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this? Thx!
paulgardner
Yeah I hear ya. I also built an isolation platform out of two butcher blocks. I sandwiched it with gel furniture pad discs. I wonder if that is contributing to the solution more then the rumble filter. I’ll remove the filter when I get home and give it a shot. 
George - so I removed the filter and the rumble returned ☹️ even with the homemade iso platform. So even if I’m missing out on super low frequencies, it’s better than the earthquake situation. I’m planning on upgrading my phono pre so we’ll see if that does anything to alleviate the rumble like one guy said earlier. Thx!
Yeah unfortunately you have to live with the negatives of the rumble filter is doing to the low bass, shame as that was what getting a sub woofer was all about.
Like I said the only way to totally get rid of "airborn feedback" as you found you have with the way I said to test for it, is to have the TT in another room as I did and which worked a treat, best bass ever, as my 2 x Kef B1814’s in 2 11cu ft enclosures were tuned down to 19hz fs each.

Cheers George
The airborne feedback is not the issue, it’s the structureborne feedback. That’s what the fuss over isolation is all about. Wake up and smell the coffee! ☕️

He's already proved he has air-born feedback, do the test above as in my first post, the way Ivor Tiefenbrun laid out all those many years ago,  (know who he is?)
Or sell the OP your useless car valve springs, or your magic pebbles, better still give them to him as they will end up in the bin, even better still give something constructive to these forums, instead of your constant malignant voodoo talk.
  http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm