Remote Balance Control: on Tube Integrated Amp?

Anyone know of a Tube Integrated Amp with remote balance?

Safe/Easy/External Bias control would be nice.

I find some individual tracks can benefit a great deal from minor balance adjustments. Especially compilations with many different engineers involved. Remote balance from listening position is the goal.

I now use my Chase Remote Line Controller remote volume and remote balance from listening position, as intermediary stage between a few components. Other sources direct to amp, no remote balance. It would be nice to have remote balance for sources that go directly to the integrated amp.

tubes, +/- 30 wpc is plenty for my very efficient horns. Using Cayin A88T 45wpc now (6550, KT88) Love it, except no remote balance. Used 35/30wpc mono blocks for many years (EL37, EL34, 5881), also plenty power.

Thanks in advance for suggestions,

Elliott
elliottbnewcombjr
The McIntosh hybrid integrated does have remote control balance as does all their preamps.

kalali
1 , thanks for the specific answer, it is quite a piece of equipment, way over my budget.

https://audioresearch.com/ar-package/gsi75-manual-final-9_15-web-dop0-pdf/

file:///C:/Users/ellio/Downloads/GSi75%20Manual%20Final%209_15%20WEB%20DoP(0).pdf

everyone,

Researching, I am finding it very difficult to find remote control features even on manufacturer's sites, the reviews of this unit don't mention it, hardly anyone includes a photo of their remote control, their description doesn't mention it, only in the manual are the remote functions listed, and even the manual does not show the remote control.

so specific answers are very helpful,

thanks, Elliott

yogiboy
3 , thanks for the specific answer. I like the look for sure.

This unit's transformers have been optimized for 5 ohms, my speakers are 16 ohms. I am going to listen to my speakers on my Cayin's 8 ohm taps, (waiting for a friend to return from Chicago to help me).

If I like 8 ohm taps results, that will widen the possibilities, but 16 ohms on 5 ohm transformer, aside from changes to sound, it reduces the power from the unit which is already a bit less than ideal for me. 

thanks, Elliott

gochurchgo ,

Remote volume, and remote balance, from listening position, is the goal.

I don't have a general need, happily my listening room has identical side walls ...

It has to do with intentional use of a balance control on specific tracks.
A very slight balance adjustment can make a surprisingly large improvement to certain tracks. Especially compilation's when many engineers have been involved.

Previously, I used the individual channel volume controls, i.e. Mono Blocks, i.e. McIntosh 2250. Or, if thru McIntosh preamp to amp (McIntosh SS C28 preamp prior, mx110z tubes now). That, however, meant several trips to/fm chair/preamp until 'right', then starting the track over, then back to normal for next track. Too much involvement with equipment for enjoyment.

I now use my Chase Remote Line Controller from my chair. You hear it as you make the adjustment, often very minor.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHASE-TECNOLOGIES-RLC-1-REMOTE-LINE-CONTROLLER-Complete-In-Original-Box/123978156682?hash=item1cddac8a8a:g:0CsAAOSwUHld0Ht4 

As it says, absolutely no noise, Cannot tell if it is in or not in the loop. I just want to simplify things if I can. It is from the early era of quad/surround, has two identical outputs 'front' and 'rear'. When I compare different amps, I use that feature.

I did not realize the Cayin A88T did not have fundamental level controls anywhere when I bought it. I don't understand an Integrated Amp not having level/balance controls, physical or remote. And of course, the McIntosh preamp trim controls to adjust the inputs to each other is nice.

Current Cayin has internal bias control, I am hoping to get external bias control if I switch. I knew that, but for 16 ohm taps, m1 only, internal bias only.

Elliott