Vandersteen 3A sigs, whats wrong here.

I recently purchased a Pair of 3Asigs here on Audiogon.
The problem is they dont seem to have much bass at all.
I have tried many different room placements. They are being feed by ARC VTM100MKII, ARC LS25MKII, ARC CD3MKII. Also with Kember 8HTC true Bi-wire cables, And a variety of IC's including transparent and Cardas Gold reference. Tried single ended as well as Balanced. So the front end gear should be ok, but no matter what I do there is weak bass. I also prefer to listen at lower levels, however regardless of volume it is always week. Any ideas, please help.
vdosc
Hold you fingers gently on the woofers to make sure they are moving when music is playing.
Check the Treble and Mid-Range Controls on the back If these are set to +dB positions it will be accentuate these areas . The Bass will seem weak .

These speakers will produce decent Bass when Set-Up correct .
Yes, I did check the speakers and they are all working. As well as the level controls on the x-over. To test the rest of my gear I hooked up an older pair of Polk LS9 floor standing speakers and they had more bass. You can tell that the 3's will go deeper. But at a much lower level compared to everything else that is coming out of them??
I am still confused...