Trust Schiit Loki

Some time ago I bought a Schiit Loki equalizer with the idea of improving the sound of poor recordings.
However, I have hardly ever used it, thinking, surely, the best sound must be the in the original signal.  And that an equalizer, no matter how good the reviews are, surely is going to corrupt the SQ.
I’ve only just now given up this purist delusion, and realize I can really enjoy the benefits of “fixing” the flaws inherent in some recordings.
It really is an amazing device. 
128x128rvpiano
The Loki does work very well at a very reasonable cost as has been mentioned by many including myself in other discussions :-)
I have one and love it! I find I use it to greatest advantage when listening with headphones. I wouldn't be without it now.
Good choice I think. I too use one in my dedicated headphone system and the sound it produces (the headphone system) is outstanding with just a minor twist of a knob. I also use one with an inexpensive DAC and good quality deck and it too is improved. I have not used one between and amp/preamp so I can't endorse that. I have found it most useful in tailoring the upper mid range which is so frequently too forward.
I basically have one setting that I use for bright sounding sources.
I boost  the bass a bit and lower the two upper frequency controls a bit.
This works for most problems.
  I don’t get involved in customizing the sound for each signal.