Subwoofer rumble issue

I’m having a hard time solving a problem that seems to come and go. My subwoofer will rumble uncontrollably when playing records at a higher volume. If I turn the volume down sharply it goes away but when I creep the volume back up it comes back. I’ve tried isolating my turntable as much as possible with diy books, isolation feet, etc. (I don’t want to buy an expensive isolation platform unless that really is the issue.) Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this? Thx!
paulgardner
Try a different phono preamp.  I had the exact same problem and spent two years and a lot of money trying to solve it.  I relayed my story to a well known vinyl writer and he suggested I swap out phono preamps.  I was surprised when a friend brought a spare unit over and we hooked it up and the rumble/feedback immediately went away.  My preamp was later bench tested and measured perfectly, it just didn’t play well with my setup and stereo subs.  Good luck!
Interesting. I’ve been considering upgrading my phono stage anyway. Maybe this is the excuse I need to pull the trigger. Thanks.
Subsonic rumble filter! All better! I understand it’s a “bandaid” approach but it totally worked and my stereo sounds amazing again! YES!!! Thanks again everyone!
Wow! This sounds like what happened to me few weeks ago when I moved my equipment around, the higher the volume goes the more rumbles the sub makes. The Preamp and the Phono-Stage Preamp originally were in the same cabinet, w/i 3' from each other. The problem happened after I moved them apart almost 3 times of that distance. I believed the fix was moving both equipment back in the original position. You might also want to look into the cable orientation relative to each other, like power cables and interconnects should be crossed instead of parallel. Good luck in your troubleshooting.